Some of these archived documents may not currently be accessible to persons using assistive technology. If you need access to the information in these files, please contact OHRP at 240-453-6900 for assistance.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
A Guided Self-Assessment for Human Research Protection Programs
OHRP can help institutions evaluate and strengthen the quality of their human research protection program. OHRP will:
- Provide tools to help your institution identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Clarify regulatory requirements.
- Provide detailed review of IRB written procedures and meeting minutes.
- Explore ways to improve the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of IRB administration.
- Identify "best practices."
- Foster partnerships and collaborations among institutions.
Institutions that wish to participate in OHRP's Quality Improvement Program (QIP) may do so by completing one or both of the following procedures:
- Utilizing the OHRP QA Self-Assessment Tool, conduct your own guided self-assessment of your human research protections program
- Download the tool and instructions
- The completed QA Self-Assessment Tool is not sent to OHRP
- Contact OHRP to request an OHRP QA consultation of your human research protections program
- Send a written request to the Division of Education and Development (DED)
- Provide DED with your institution's written IRB procedures and minutes from three (3) recent IRB meetins
- The DED Quality Improvement team will contact you to arrange one of the following:
- An onsite consultation
- A video conference
- A teleconference
For additional information or to request an OHRP consultation send an email to Ms. Elyse Summers, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: (240) 453-8236
Sample agenda for an onsite consultation
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs (AAHRPP) [http://www.aahrpp.org/]